Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Where does my day go?

Every feel that way? Gracious! I get up before 7 AM and don't go to bed until 11 PM or later, and I swear I don't know where the day went. I have been trying and trying to set aside some time to scrap and work on reading a few new books I have. But to quote Tim Gunn - I can't seem to "make it work." I think I need to start keeping track of what I am doing during the day - but that might be a scary revelation.
I don't know what I can change or subtract out of my day. The kids have to be taken care of, the house needs to be cleaned or at least straightened up, I have to work a few hours each day if I want a paycheck, I only volunteer one day a week now,.... I just don't know. Tomorrow isn't going to be much better as I am switching days with Amy Sue to work on the teachers' laminating. Then I need to finish vacuuming the upstairs and maybe try to dust a little, fix and clean-up after three meals. Middle's Open House is tomorrow night so that means homework to do and I have to get in my work hours earlier since I won't be home later. Ugh.... there won't be anytime left again. Plus the basement is calling my name since I just threw all the toys over the gate to be put away later. Now they just sit 'cause they ain't calling anyone else's name - or they can ignore it pretty damn well.
I so need a nanny, maid, chauffeur, chef, oh, and a personal assistant and trainer. Oh, that would be fabulous. A girl can dream! ;-)

No comments: