Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dad's update

Shoulder dr. wants to operate on both shoulders. Damn rotator cuff. Heart dr. says no - he needs to stay on the Plavix. Neurologist wants to do nerve conductivity test that involves dye, turning him upside down, and checking spinal cord to see why he isn't healing after six months. Damn laminectomy. Heart dr. says no.

Dad cannot continue to live with the pain in the shoulders and the knee. The lack of strength in his arms and the lack of movement. He doesn't like the chance he has to take coming off the Plavix and increasing his risk of another heart attack. He is miserable. He is depressed. He is scared.

I hate this.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

It made me so sad to read this. My dad lives in WA state and I'm in CA. He has a terrible back and other conditions, yet still works installing garage doors. He is in constant pain. There's "nothing" they can do. I am so afraid that I am going to get a call one day... I hope they can find something to help your dad to be comfortable and make life better for him. *sigh*