Wednesday, February 13, 2008

School is cancelled

First J. got the phone call that school was delayed 2 hours - J got up after doing the phone tree to iron his shirt and get ready to go in. Then another call @ 7am. Nope, school is cancelled. I guess the buses couldn't make the journey safely to all the nooks and crannies of his school district with all of the ice. Following J's school districts lead, all of the other districts, including ours, started cancelling too. Middle was soooo excited. She said this was the best day ever.

The downside of this? Now there won't be a four day weekend. Friday will be the make-up day. That means I have to go with Youngest for Grandparents' Day at preschool because Lou and Barbara won't be coming and J will have to work. Drats. That screws up my work schedule. Oh, well. I get to spend the time with my four year old - maybe we will do lunch too.
These are from Tuesday. Not much in the way of snow, but they were dying to get out there.

No comments: